A vacation tip about issues you may well like to do and see on Curacao.
– Queen Juliana Bridge, Willemstad. At 185 ft, this is highest bridge in the Caribbean (and one of the tallest bridges in the world.) The bridge overlooks St. Anna Bay as very well as Willemstad. Observe: The observation system has been shut to pedestrian website traffic.
– Queen Emma Bridge (a.k.a “The Swinging Old Woman”), Willemstad. A floating pontoon bridge that inbound links the “Punda” (Level Side) and the “Otrobanda” (Other Facet) of the Willemstad throughout the Sint Annabaai Channel. You get to see the bridge open up and close to away marine visitors into St. Anna Bay. (In the party the bridge is open up for a extended time, there is a ferry service throughout the channel as nicely.)
– Christoffel National Park, A nationwide park that is operate by the by the Carmabi Basis. Christoffel Countrywide Park is house to Boca Grandi, Indian caves where by you can see paintings still left by the Arawak Indians and Mount Christoffel. (At 1292 ft higher, Mount Christoffel is the highest point in Curacao.) Address: West Level , Tel: +(5999)/864-0363,
– Shete Boka Nationwide Park, A countrywide park also operate by the by the Carmabi Basis, Shete Boka is house to the “7 boca’s” like Boca Tabla and Boca Pistol (also regarded as “The Shooting Pistol”) In season, some of the boca’s provide as sea turtle breeding grounds. Tackle: West Level, Tel: +(5999)/864-0444,
– Curacao Sea Aquarium, House of the Dolphin Academy. This is just one of the most popular points of interest in Curacao. If you would like to do a Dolphin activity guide as early as feasible! $entry cost (is dependent on activity you opt for BUT having to pay for an exercise (this kind of as one thing at the Dolphin Academy) will get you entry to all of the Aquarium. Tackle: Bapor Kibra Z/N, Tel: +(5999)/461-6666,
– Hato Caves, Open up 7 times a 7 days, with excursions 2 situations a day. Coral and limestone caves that was carved out underneath the sea and born when the sea stage dropped. There are gorgeous stalactite and stalagmite formations as very well as drinking water pools and a waterfall. The cave is also home to a colony very long nose fruit bats. (For the reason that of the colony, images is minimal and not permitted in particular chambers.) Tackle: F.D. Rooseveltweg Z/N, Tel: +(5999)/868-0379.
– Curacao Ostrich & Match Farm, Santa Catharina. The Curacao Ostrich Farm is just one of the most important Ostrich farms outside the house Africa. The tour will take you around the ostrich pens and incubator. Meat from this farm is delivered to Aruba (Ostrich is a crimson meat, which is higher in protein and small in fats.) Deal with: Tel: +(5999)/747-2777.
– Fort Amsterdam, The seat of the Netherlands Antilles, Fort Amsterdam sits at the mouth of the harbor at the conclude of the Sint Annabaai Channel on the stage. The intricate has restaurants, stores as very well as the Governors Palace. Deal with: Punda Side, Willemstad.
– Fort Nassau, was crafted on the hill to protect equally St. Anna Bay as effectively as portion of the city of Willemstad. The fort is open for tours and there is also a restaurant that overlooks the bay. Handle: Willemstad
– The Floating Market, the “floating sector” is truly a mini boat fleet that will come in from Venezuela and sells extremely contemporary fish and fruit at the greatest price ranges. Handle: Punda Aspect, Willemstad.
– Mikvé Israel-Emanuel Synagogue, the oldest synagogue in the western hemisphere, with a sand floor and museum that contains historical artifacts Address: Tel: 599-9-4611067,
– Museum Kura Hulanda, open Day by day from 10:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. This anthropological museum chronicles the African slave trade as perfectly as the cultures of Curacao. Entry: $9 Handle: Willemstad. Cellphone: +5999 434 7765
– Postal Museum, Willemstad.
– Maritime Museum, Willemstad.